Changing your watch band should not cause you so much stress once you can do it so easily. Once you grasp it, you can do it for fun; you can do it to show off your unique style or even save money (DIY, no need to find help from a professional watch repairer). This watch Band installation guide is designed to help watch newbies discover new, effective and effortless ways to change watch bands.
Now, let's move forward. You can follow the 'How to change watch band' steps listed below according to the materials of the watch band you've got on hand.
You can fast access the particular watch band installation guide by clicking the text links below.
Demo : Typical watch bands (Pin buckle type)
Here is how to take your watch band off and install a new one.
1. Take out your current watch band using the proper spring bar tool needed.
2. With masking tape, protect your watch before installing a new watch band onto it.
3. Grab the "fork end" of the spring bar tool and press the spring bar tip to the watch lug.
4. Repeat the procedure on the other side of your watch.
5. After that, pull both sides of the straps to see if it is firm and securely installed.
6. That wraps it up; you have successfully replaced your leather watch band.
Demo : Fitted curved endlink stainless steel watch band
To replace a watch band, you need to remove the previous one. These set of steps show you how to remove metal watch bands and install the appropriate watch band replacements.
1. Remove the watch band and then use masking tape to protect the watch lug surface right after.
2. Proceed to put on the new bracelet on the lug and use the spring bar tool to clamp down the spring bar into the watch lug.
3. Steady the spring bar tip location to make sure it gets into the hole completely. A "click" like sound will be heard to confirm the spring bar is properly installed.
4. Repeat the same process on the other side. And then, hold both bracelets' ends firmly and pull them apart to be sure the bracelet is securely installed.
5. Use a link removal tool to help resize the length of parts of the watch band. MiLTAT metal watch bands come in screw links; all you need is a (1.5-1.8 mm tip diameter) slot type screwdriver.
6. Remove any unwanted links.
7. Tighten each screw on the watch band.
8. Fine-tune the ideal length along the buckle's micro holes.
9. That's all, and you can now place the watch calmly on your wrist and enjoy the fresh new look.
Demo : Gunny X MT handmade Quick-release Apple watch band
In the following steps, you will learn how to detach the Apple watch band and replace it with a brand new one.
1. Have your Apple watch on its back side over a clean surface.
2. Hold down the band release button to slide the watch band off. Do the same thing on the other side of your Apple watch.
3. The top and bottom pieces of the Apple watch band are quite identical; you have to identify the front and back sides of your new Apple watch band to avoid mixing up and ease its installation.
4. Continue to keep your Apple watch face down and your new watch band also face down while installing it. You can also slide the watch band back to the groove when you hear and feel a click. When that happens, your Apple watch band is successfully installed.
5. It's done, you now bring a totally new look to your Apple watch.
Demo : NATO watch strap
NATO watch strap is a legend design in a simple way to give your watch an entirely new look!
NATO strap or NATO watch strap is pretty much an excellent choice to wear casually paired with your watch. It's a budget watch strap, highly durable, comfortable on the wrist, and also can give you a casual look whilst retaining all your style points. Removing your watch band and changing it into a NATO strap only takes you a minute. Come along as we take you through the NATO strap installation guide in step-by-step detail, as shown below.
1. Remove the original watch band by depressing the spring bars with a watch band spring bar removal tool. (The masking tape is used to protect parts of the watch band and lug from scratches).
2. Then, proceed to install the spring bars back to the watch. Pulling the tail out from the ring will help ready the NATO Strap for insertion.
3. Now that it is ready for insertion, thread the long end of the NATO strap through the top spring bar gap of your watch at the noon position where the buckle is going to be positioned on this end too.
4. Then also, thread it through the spring bar at 6 o'clock. Take that same long part of the watch strap back through the keeper. Pull it throughout.
5. Shift the watch case either up or down to ensure that it is centered between the keepers and that it sits properly on your wrist.
6. At this point, see to it that the watch moves at an equal distance between the two keepers.
7. NATO strap is not just a classic but is still the simplest way to give your watch an entirely new look!
Demo : Quick-release Leather watch band (Pin buckle type)
1. The spring bar of these types of straps is already integrated with the watch band, and that's what makes it different from the typical one.
2. The first thing you need to do is to insert one end of the spring bar into the lug. Then, use a finger to grab and press the knob, gently move the strap, and position the spring bar in the watch lug hole.
3. Repeat the process on the other end, and there it is, your quick-release watch band is installed.
4. Installing a Quick-release watch band is the easiest and most speedy way out of all kinds of installation. You can change your watch band and get a new look anytime, anywhere, without using tools.
Changing watch band is always a good idea for several reasons. Rather than racking up a bill of hundreds of dollars looking for a watch replacement, you can find premium and well-made straps from the price of $15 up, follow our steps on installing watch bands (depending on what type of watch you use) and save yourself extra money while being flexible and comfortable at the same time.
Talking about flexibility, a new watch strap is a unique chance to potentially change your style and switch things up. With the wide variety of watch bands STRAPCODE brings you, any watch you choose to wear will always find a perfect match in our watch strap collection; there are countless watch bands, and indeed, there are many more on the way. Some straps on your wrist feel like a new lease of life almost. Sometimes, watch bands are too general for the watches they come in, and here is your opportunity to breathe new life into your wrist by upgrading to a new strap.
Finally, a good watch strap is your key to all-round satisfaction. Changing your watch strap frequently is a simple DIY process that anyone can master by following the essential tips and guidelines we have highlighted. So take those old watches out today, give them good polishing and have your watches lasting longer and looking better.